Don’t blame yourself for seeing the glass ‘half empty’ rather than ‘half full’. A large body of research tells us that our brain is hardwired to think negatively. Scientists call it the “negativity bias”. That’s why we find it hard to forget negative events. For example, if you had experienced being bitten by a […]
Every start of the year gives us a great feeling that there is ‘hope’. That’s most probably why we make New Year resolutions. We all want that this year be better or if not, as happy and fortunate as the last. Nevertheless, no matter how we try to start things right, troubles often come our […]
Christmas is, according to whichever survey you read, always somewhere in the top 20 most stressful events of life – it’s often ranked as highly as sixth. Most of the other events are infrequent for most of us (deaths, marriage, divorce, house moves etc), but Christmas comes around with great regularity! According to […]
Can therapy help you transform your life? We all experience difficult times in our lives. There are days when things aren’t working the way they should, and no matter how hard we try, we just can’t stay positive. Sometimes, our relationship feels frustrating – we feel unloved, uncared for, or taken for granted. There are […]
Can you be a happy person in 2014? What makes a happy person?
Well there are some traits that are shared by most happy people and they are:-
• Appreciation of simple pleasures of noticing a beautiful sunset, cute animals or noticing a smiling face
• Being in touch with others. Living by the motto […]
Feeling down, a little bit blue or slightly unsettled are all emotions that we can all feel occasionally. Feeling sad is a normal emotion but sometimes when we retain that feeling for a much longer time, mixing that we other negative emotions of helplessness, feeling overwhelmed, anxiety this can lead to depression.
Many people who […]
- Ideas on how to cope at Christmas while coping with a bereavement December 4, 2019
- 10 coping skills to help with panic attacks November 1, 2019
- Things to think about to know yourself better September 27, 2019
- Coping with depression August 29, 2019
- 8 tips to keep a marriage happy August 5, 2019